Workshops for Girls
Barb’s team offers informative and fun workshops for girls. Most workshops are one and one-half hours or less. The ages of the girls depends on the workshop content. See individual workshop descriptions below. The workshops below are for girls only.
Ever feel like you are not special or not good enough? Well you are special! You are good enough! Come to this workshop to discover all the unique things about yourself that make you worth knowing! When you come to this workshop you will:
- Explore what you would like to change about yourself and why
- Challenge the belief “If I change ____ about myself, I will be happy.”
- Identify what brings you happiness
- Be able to name your strengths and talents
- Practice speaking kindly to yourself (so that you can do it every day!)
He’s cute! I wonder if he’ll ask me out. Am I the only one who’s excited AND scared to have a boyfriend? Come to this workshop and you will:
- Learn what you want in a boyfriend/girlfriend
- Share positive and negative dating experiences
- Discuss pressures you feel about dating and sex
- Learn tools to deal with dating pressures in a healthy, positive way
When it comes to friends, there is so much to talk about! At this workshop for girls in 4th-7th grades, we’ll talk about specific situations they are going through, such as:
- Being caught in the middle when friends are fighting
- What to do (and what not to do) when a friend makes you mad
- How to “break up” with a friend
- How to make new friends
- Why we might want more friends and/or new friends
- Starting and continuing a conversation with someone new. Yikes!
- Ways to chime in with a new group
- How to take a school friend to the next level (hanging out outside of school)
One day she’s your BFF. The next day she won’t talk to you. What’s up with that? At this workshop for girls in 4th-7th grades, we’ll talk about:
- Why your friends act the way they do
- What to do if your friend acts more like your enemy
- How to find good friends
- How to avoid the drama
For teen girls, ages 13-18, who have questions about dating, intimacy and sex. At this workshop we will have an open and honest talk about:
- How to handle pressure from your friends and dating partner
- How do you know if you are ready to have sex
- How can you say no if you aren’t ready
- What are the consequences of having sex and how to avoid them
We will watch parts of Barb’s DVD The Wisdom of Girls: Teens, Sex & Truth with real girls talking about their real experiences. You can trust you will be in a very comfortable, non-judgmental setting! *Parents, feel free to email Barb with any questions about content.
It’s hard to be a teen today – so many pressures to be perfect, to fit in. Discover how to be you while trying to fit in. This workshop will help you to:
- Understand all the pressures teens today have to deal with and why fitting in is so important
- Learn how different types of relationships in your life brings different kinds of pressure
- Learn tools to handle the pressure and practice them
It’s tough to like your body when you are getting messages that your body isn’t good enough. It’s difficult to be a tween/teen girl and compare yourself to your friends who you think look better than you. It’s hard to feel badly about how you look and not know how to feel better. At this workshop, we’ll talk about:
- Where our body image comes from (media, peers, family, etc.)
- The affects your self-talk has on you
- How to talk more kindly to yourself – how to stop “fat talk”
- The cost of comparing yourself to others
- How to respond when your friends talk badly about their bodies
- Top ways to like your body more (eating, moving, having fun)
She’s saying goodbye to her elementary days and looking ahead to middle school. Odds are, the rumors are swirling about what to expect in this uncharted territory and the name of the game has changed since you were in her shoes.
During this workshop, we’ll unpack the “big move” together by touching on…
- Navigating new classes, schedules, lockers, teachers, the cafeteria/gym and more
- Developing night before habits that set her up for success tomorrow
- Handling homework and all the papers
- Getting your questions answered
- Finding her tribe/making new friends
- Getting involved – extracurriculars/finding your passion
*for girls in 9th-12th grades
Do you feel stressed, overwhelmed or tired? Is there too much on your plate? Is there not enough time to enjoy things you like to do outside of your responsibilities? Do you want some relief from the pressure?
Come to this workshop, facilitated by Barb, to learn a super simple technique called Emotional Freedom Technique, also known as Tapping, to reduce stress and anxiety in the moment. You will be surprised at how quickly you can feel better!
Too much homework, too many projects, too many activities…too many expectations! I’m stressed! I want more time! Come to this special 45-minute workshop (time management in action!) for girls in 7th-12th grades to:
*Cancellation Policy: An individual who would like to cancel their registration for a workshop within 48 hours of the workshop, will be charged the full amount for the workshop. For any cancellations that are made prior to 48 hours before the workshop date, you will be charged a non-refundable administrative fee of $5.