This workshop is for any parent struggling to have the conversations they really want with their girls whether it be tough conversations when you need to set boundaries or give consequences or you find her shutting you out and you don’t know how to open the line of communication.
What we will cover:
- How to communicate in a way that you both feel heard
- What is happening in the brain during adolescence that impacts communication
- Why do teens respond in rude, dismissive ways
- How to negotiate your teens’ power struggles
- Barriers to listening that create poor interactions
- Phrases that lead to open, honest discussions
- 20 strategies for effective communication with your teens
We’ll meet in a location in south central Austin (near Zilker Park) from 12:00 - 1:30 pm on Friday, April 7th.
Bring a water bottle, a journal, and a pen. Please feel free to bring your lunch.
* Refunds are granted until Thursday, March 30th minus a $10 processing fee. No refunds will be granted after that date. Thank you for understanding.