Coaching for Teens
A teen life coach creates a safe space for girls to share their triumphs, explore their struggles, seek answers and develop tools to create a life of confidence, success and happiness.
Why did Barb become a certified teen life coach?
She loves working with girls! They are so much fun! Her goals in her teen life coaching practice are to help girls really like who they are, to believe that they have something important to offer and to know that they are special, worthy and deserving of joy! Barb helps girls feel capable and equipped to face life’s challenges and to make it through the tough times with their self-esteem intact.
Barb coaches girls/young women ages 15 to 25 out of her home office in south central Austin. Barb’s coaching team coaches girls ages 12-25.
Insurance does not reimburse for life coaching. Barb accepts credit cards, checks and cash for payment.
Barb, her clients and their families work together on a case-by-case basis to determine how often coaching sessions are scheduled. For the first three months of coaching, Barb meets with clients weekly. At that point, the frequency of subsequent sessions is determined.
Coaching for teens does not occur session by session. Coaching packages include six-week and 10-week packages.
Rachel Ladov and Caitlyn Weeks are teen life coaches on Barb’s team and are available to coach girls/young women ages 12 to 25. They operate their coaching practices similarly to Barb and offer coaching in north and central Austin. Learn more about Rachel and Caitlyn here.
Some things we coach girls about:
- School stress and academic pressure
- Decision making
- Friendship challenges (growing apart, betrayal, conflicts, competition, etc.)
- Body image & self-acceptance
- Dating (choices, break-ups, sex, etc.)
- Family relationship challenges
- Confusion about the future and/or life goals
- Pressure from themselves and others
- Friends in trouble
- Self-destructive behavior and negative feelings about self
Difference Between Therapy and Coaching
Many folks wonder what the difference is between therapy and coaching. Click here to learn more.
How to begin Teen Life Coaching:
- Conduct an inquiry call – a complimentary, 20 minute phone call to get a snapshot of what is going on with your daughter to determine whether coaching is the best solution for her. Please email Barb to set up a call.
- Conduct an intake session – a 90 minute session for parents to delve deeper into your daughter’s current challenges and history, to discuss how coaching works and to identify your goals for your daughter’s coaching.
- Choose a life coaching package – Barb offers six and ten week coaching packages and prefers to work with girls a minimum of three to six months to achieve the desired results.