Workshops for Adults
Barb’s workshops for adults are two hours or less and geared toward adults with girls in 4th-12 grades.
Girls today feel pressure to be “perfect” (straight As, a super athlete and supermodel beautiful). These pressures are damaging. An empowered girl is protected from these pressures for a lifetime. This workshop will enable you to:
- Clearly understand empowerment and self-esteem
- Understand the societal causes of diminished empowerment in young girls
- Learn the consequences of girls giving up their power
- Discover the top ten ways to empower your daughter, improve her sense-of-self and help her to make positive choices
Today, it’s not only adults who are feeling anxious — it’s also our girls. Recent studies show that teen girls experience more stress than boys, and that this pressure is linked to lower grades, headaches, lost sleep, poor eating habits and irritability. What can we adults do to help our girls feel more lighthearted? Attend this workshop, designed for adults with girls in 4th-12th grade, to:
- Better understand what is causing stress for today’s girls
- Explore the genetic and gender components of anxiety on girls
- Discuss how this increased pressure is impacting teen girls
- Get 20 ideas of how you can help your daughter diminish her anxiety
Seeing your daughter in pain over her friendships is hard. Even with a BFF, the on-again, off-again nature of girl friendships can often turn her life upside down. Come to this workshop to:
- Learn more about how girls manage conflict among friends
- Understand how and why girls can be mean to their friends
- Receive guidance to help your daughter build her friendship skills and better manage disagreements with her girlfriends
- Gain specific tips on how to respond to different types of scenarios: your daughter gets dumped, she is being left out, she feels caught in the middle, she is being mean to others, she is shy, she is domineering and more.
Do you wonder how to have fewer power struggles, less friction and more ease in your relationship? Drawing from decades of experience working with adolescent girls and their families as well as the latest research, Barb will give you special insight into what’s going on in that head of your daughter’s and what she needs and wants from you. Based on the book, Breaking the Code, written by teen girls.
As our kids become teens, we want to continue to have an influence while creating a culture of mutual respect. In this workshop, you will:
- Discover communication that leads to eye rolls, door slams and disconnect
- Recognize ways to reduce power struggles and resistance
- Learn specific phrases to increase cooperation and feelings of being heard
Would you like to learn how to create a more connected relationship with your daughter? Would you like her to feel more understood by you and you by her? Do you have specific concerns about her or your relationship that you would like to improve? This workshop will give you the tools to create this! In this workshop you will:
- Understand the biological changes taking place in your tween/teen daughter that effect her mood/behavior
- Learn how to manage your daughter’s need to distance and how that impacts you
- Discover new communication techniques to lessen the friction and increase the connection
From Barbie dolls to the box office, the media is doing a powerful job of telling our girls how they should look – through extreme dieting, airbrushing and plastic surgery. Together we will change this. In this workshop, designed for adults with girls in 4th-12th grade, participants will:
- Learn how to identify thoughts and behaviors that lead to poor body image
- Establish strategies that will help to quiet her inner critic
- Obtain tools to build her confidence, help her appreciate the body she has and develop a kinder relationship with her body
- Discover how to create a positive body culture in your home
This workshop gives you the tools to navigate one of the scariest parts of parenting teens: your daughter having sex. In this workshop you will:
- Understand how brain development & hormones directly impacts your daughter’s sexual feelings
- Discover the latest statistics on teen sexual behavior
- Learn how to be the best front-line sex educator for your daughter
- Speak the language that resonates with your daughter about sex and dating
Your burning questions about raising a teen girl…answered! Are you looking for tips, support and inspiration to help guide you in parenting your preteen/teen daughter? Join us for an informal, in person Q&A session with Barb. Some of the common questions parents ask Barb are:
- How do I help her with her friendship troubles?
- How do I instill more confidence in my daughter?
- How can I have a better relationship with her?
- How do I get her away from technology?
…but the time is yours to use for exactly what you need! Bring your questions!
She’s growing up – maybe faster than you would like. How can you help her with that process without losing your connection and without pulling your hair out with worry? Come to this workshop to:
- Understand the necessities of letting go – for you and for her
- Discover what is behind the resistance of letting go and how to reduce your resistance
- Gain tools to reduce control and increase influence
- Learn how to maintain a good relationship while giving her independence
*Cancellation Policy: An individual who would like to cancel their workshop registration within 48 hours of the scheduled date will be charged the full amount. For any cancellations that are made 48 hours or more prior to the workshop date, you will be charged a non-refundable administrative fee of $5.